Sunday, November 2, 2008

Entrepreneur's Creed

Entrepreneur's Creed

I do not choose to be a common person.

It is my right to be uncommon -- if I can.

I seek opportunity -- not security.

I do not wish to be a kept citizen,
humbled and dulled by having the state look after me.

I want to take the calculated risk,
to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed.

I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;
I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence:
the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia.

I will not trade my freedom for beneficence
nor my dignity for a handout.

I will never cower before any earthly master
nor bend to any threat.

It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and
unafraid: to think and act for myself,
to enjoy the benefit of my creations
and to face the world boldly and say:
this, with God's help I have done.

All this is what it means to be an entrepreneur.

Spirit of Free Enterprise
The Big Black Book

No comments: